INTERMEDIATE VISUAL ART
Art is an exciting and unique course of study! This is an in-depth course to teach you about drawing and painting with many mediums and on many surfaces. Drawing, primarily a process of seeing, is taught through exercises, it will strengthen your skills, push you to be more creative and will end with a portfolio of work. Prerequisite: Beginning Studio.
Self-Portrait Identity Project
JOURNAL PROMPTS FALL 2015
- 1 - WHAT DO YOU NOTICE?
- 2 - WHAT IS ART? - SEE VIDEO BELOW
- 3 - DICTIONARY PAGE
- 4 - OLD PHOTOGRAPH OR POSTCARD
- 5 - TAKE A PERSONAL OBJECT AT HOME:
- RAW IT, WITH VALUES, TRANSFORM IT, ABSTRACT IT
- 6 - IDENTITY -
- HO ARE YOU? DRAW OR WRITE WHAT COMES TO MIND
- WHAT IS INFERRED OR HIDDEN ABOUT YOU?
- ARE THERE SYMBOLIC THINGS THAT REPRESENT YOU?
- WHAT SHOWS YOU AND WHAT WORDS DESCRIBE YOU?
- WHAT METAPHORS, SYMBOLISM, AND ALLEGORY DEFINE YOU?
A video I shared about "What is Art?" on the first day, then we created a journal prompt out of it.
powerpoint of master portraits
PRACTICE IN YOUR PROCESS JOURNAL FOLLOWING THIS ONLINE EYE TUTORIAL
NOV. 23 - EMILY CARR VISIT FROM VANCOUVER, BC - E BLOCK - 1:30PM
DEC. 7TH - 18TH - IN CLASS FIGURE MODEL DRAWING STUDIO
DEC. 4TH - SCHOLASTIC ART AND WRITING ENTRIES DUE
DEC. 10TH @12pm - RISD PORTFOLIO REVIEW - IN CLASS - individual reviews if needed
JAN. 9TH - NATIONAL PORTFOLIO DAY - CORNISH COLLEGE OF THE ARTS